Thursday, November 7, 2013

Silhouette Weekly Shape Challenge

The challenge this week at Silhouette Online was pillow boxes.  I used to love to make pillow boxes.  I can remember cutting them out by hand.  It seemed to take forever, especially since I never made just one.

So it was fun going back to an old favorite, especially since it is easier to make them now.  I just tell my cameo to cut and in a few minutes I have one ready to be glued together. 

My originally thought was to make some Christmas ones, but I have a several migraines this week.  I really didn't feel like making any thing to complicated.

I shrunk the pillow box down so I could get two boxes on a 8 1/2 X 11 sheet of paper. Then I had some turkeys on my craft table that I had cut for the bulletin board at work, so I decided to use one of them.  I used a texture folder to put some swirls on the box and then tied a ribbon on the box and added the turkey. 

My son is coming home from college tomorrow for the weekend and I think I will fill it with candy and put it on his bed as a small surprise.  It will be an early Thanksgiving treat.

Have a nice night.

No comments:

Post a Comment