Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Birthday Cards

Hello.  What a week.  It has been so busy but what else is new.  Yesterday morning, I got a notice on my phone that we were expecting our first frost advisory.  With every thing else going on, I haven't started winterizing the yard so I spend yesterday during that.  I got half of it done.  I had meant to finish it today but I didn't make it.  So hopefully tomorrow.

In the meantime, Sunday was my birthday.  My husband took me to lunch and went shopping with me.  And then we came home and just relaxed around the house.  It was just a perfect day.


I am a member of the Lawn Fawn Addicts facebook page.  They have a birthday club.  I signed up a few months ago.  I have enjoyed making cards each month.   I didn't know what to expect when it came to getting cards.  Oh man,  I was just floored.  I received 30 cards and they were all just amazing.  I want to take the next couple of days and showcase the cards.

I don't remember what order the cards arrived so I am just picking them at random. I will be showing all of the cards over the next few days.

The first is from Erica W.  I have this koala and he is just too cute.   He just makes me smile.

The picture doesn't show it but the white paper shimmers. 
And then she had the cute little mulit-colored dots  including the koala's nose and ears.  I am assuming she used Nuvo Drops.  I haven't used it before so I went immediately and ordered some .  It is so much fun to play with.  I will be showing off a card with it.

Card #2 was from another Sarah (not me).  Who doesn't love puppies?  I just love the simple, clean little card.  Just so precious.  She also stamped a little doggie bone on the inside of the card.  I always forget to do this so it is a nice little touch. 





One of my favorite things is apples.  My kitchen has apples all over it.  No one in the group knew this but since Fall is here, I got a couple of apple cards.  Just perfect.  Here is the first one.  It was by Cheri.  Cheri, if you are reading this.  The coloring is great.  The leaves on the tree look so amazing.  Such a great job.

I feel like I am using the same words over and over but I was so blown away with all of the cards.  All of the ladies did an amazing job and I just loved going to the mailbox each day.

The next one is a cat.  I have a spoiled cat, who drives me crazy, so kitty cat cards are always welcome.  The shape is so different but I just love it.  I am always looking for shapes different from the normal circle, square, rectangle, etc.  When you open it up, another cat pops up.  The way it is put together, you would never know that it was a pop up.  So flat.  Mary made this card.  I would have take a picture of the inside but I didn't want to show Mary's last name just in case. 

 The next card was using the Lawn Fawn shadow box card die.  I don't have this one and I don't know why.  It will be going on my wishlist.  It folds flat and would be a great surprise when opening a card.  Susan made the card with fairies flying around.  For the first time ever, I am glad my niece doesn't live near me.  If her daughter saw this card, she would want it and I am not willing to share.  I know bad of me.  But a sweet sweet card.


And the last one for tonight is a nice wintry scene one.  It isn't signed on the inside and even though I kept the envelopes, they got dumped on the floor at some point and now I don't know which envelopes go with which cards.  Sorry.  If the maker of this card comes on here, please let me know it is your card and I will gladly give you credit for it.  This is a great stamp set.  I just love to use it during the winter and I loved how you colored it and used the stars in the sky. 

That is all for the night.  I hope you enjoyed the cards and if you made any of these, thank you from the bottom of my heart.  I just loved getting the cards.  It was a great pleasure.

I hope everyone has a great night and come back tomorrow for more cards.






No comments:

Post a Comment