Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Day 2 - A Project Every Day

Hello again.  Today's project is another oldie but goodie.  Plus it was a quick one.

I made these a few years ago (before my Silhouette).  I decided I would make a few for next Christmas as extras in the countdown box or just to give out to friends and family.  As you can tell, they will hold candy canes.
 
The holder is cut from hand.  It is a 6 inch square.  Scored from top to bottom at 2 and 4 inches.  Then the center section is scored at 1 1/2 inches across and cut from the top to the score line.  This will be folded down.  Fold the first and last sections to the back and glue down.  Also glue the bottom.  I usually crimp the bottom, but I can't find my crimper (I will do that later.).  Fold down the top center section and glue it down.

The little girl is from Whimsie Doodles.  I just love their images but I don't use them as often as I use to.  I am going to try and change that this year.  I cut her out with my Silhouette.  I don't know how I managed without it to cut around my digital stamps.  I also offset her and cut it in red.  I wanted her to pop a little bit.  I put foam tape under her and put her on the front of my holder.

I only made one.  I have a crop this Saturday, so I am going to take the other and make them there.  I like to take kits so I know what I am working on and that I have everything that I need.

I haven't updated my challenge list in quite a while, but I know Whimsie Doodles always has a challenge.  I looked it is all wrapped up.  I think this cute little girl will work for that.  She looks all wrapped up in her warm jacket.  So I will be submitting her in the challenge.

I think this would be a cute idea for back to school aged kids.  You could put pencils, pens and/or lead pencils inside.  I may have to think about this.

Well, I am off to clean off my craft table and then I need to do a little work for my husband.  I don't know if I will be back later or not.  I hope so.

Have a great day.



No comments:

Post a Comment