Saturday, August 9, 2014

Whimsie Doodle & Back To School

Hello.  Are you enjoying your day?  It has been a nice day here.  Not hot at all.

I don't normally do back to school cards.  However, I have a niece who is in college learning to become a teacher.  I like to send her a card every year.  She might even get more than one this year.

This is School Lizzie by Whimsie Doodles.  I tried to make her blonde but it was too yellowish so I tried to tone it down some.  I don't know that I succeed.  I will try again on the second card. 

The card itself can be found on Silhouette Online.  I made the border on the back of the card red instead of green and added the white background (for writing my message) and a small apple.  It looked bare across the top so I added a button.

I am going to use this card for the following challenges:
   Eureka - Add Buttons
   Artistic Inspiration - Back To School
   Paper Take Weekly - Anything Goes
   Penny's Challenge - Anything Goes
   Crafty Girls - Anything Goes

I hope you enjoy the card.  I need to clean off my craft table so I don't know if I will be back tonight or not.  Have a good one.



3 comments:

  1. Adorable card. Thanks for joining us this week at Eureka Stamps.
    Karal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your back to school card. It's so cute. I love how you framed the apple. Thank you for joining us at Penny's for our ANYTHING GOES challenge this week.

    Emily T.
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  3. What as sweet back to school project! Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge.
    Mandy x (PPCC DT)

    ReplyDelete